Friday, December 17, 2004

Time for a new question?

Discussion has slacked off now so I get the feeling that it's time for a new question. We have a number of topics to choose from already. In no particular order they are:

How to assure that all pregnancies are wanted pregnancies;

Protecting the nation from terrorist attacks;

Eliminate or minimize government interference in our lives; and

Capital Punishment.
As usual, I am open to other topics but perhaps we should address these first. As this is your blog as much as mine, I put it to you...

What do you want to talk about next?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The dumbing down of America.

I know that sounds like a generalization, but I see now that I have children entering the school systems, a certain drop in the quality of education. Perhaps it has always been this way, but due to families not putting this high on their own list of priorities, the system is beginning to implode.

~Genuine

12/17/2004 09:37:00 AM  
Blogger x said...

The No Child Left Behind Act has required students as young as 7 (I believe) to take standardized tests. While the government hasn't begun funding for the program yet, I think that the current state of education and the debate over testing is an issue that affects all of us.

12/17/2004 11:45:00 AM  
Blogger Shelley said...

I hope you do realize that even though you renamed this site from the left to right...that by the words you used to describe your topics, it is obvious that this site is still right leaning.

Let me explain.

1. The first topic you suggested was "Ending Abortion" which seems to suggest that the pro-choice side of the abortion debate is not welcome in the debate you are suggesting.

2. And the third which is called "Eliminate or minimize government interference in our lives" which of course is a thought and policy that is concretely aligned with the right. It also just by the words that you chose to use doesn't give the option of debate from the left about ways in which the government needs to take on additional responsibilities for the good of all the people.

My long winded point is that I still don't see a non-partisan effort in this blog, so for someone who is on the left...I am just not buying it right now.

12/19/2004 08:06:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home